Sleep Disorders Community
Sudden unexpected death syndrome. Help!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

April 15, 2013
I woke up around 7 am then i went to sleep again. I had this sudden unexpected death syndrome experience. I cant move, i cant speak, i cant cry or anything. I was crying for help but there were no words coming up from my mouth. I can't open my eyes widely. Felt like i was awake but then i was dreaming. I was terrified why. I was on my bed like the scene was real. I panicked. I was like praying, asking help from God. Somebody came into the room i was wondering the room was lock. And i cant see the person who went. I was asking for help but i know there were no words, that person lifted me up and hugged me.then i woke up. Felt like it was God. I was really scared. When i woke up, i caught the same position in my dream or whatever you call that.

April 19, 2013

Woke up again around 7 am played with my itouch and went back to sleep. It happened again but different scenario. I was on my bed same thing. I was like asleep but awake. I tried to move but i cant samething. I felt the numbness in my body and this bzzz feeling same thing. But this i was facing the wall. Felt like someone was beside me. I cant move. I felt evil and darkness. He touched my back i can feel his nails. Felt like a half man and a half animal. I just dont know. It felt like he was pushing my back so that i couldnt move. I started to feel crazy again. I was terrified. My vision is dimmer. If i could describe it. Its like a computer about to shutdown. Then i thought to myself. My mom said you lldie or you wake up. I was on my mind. I cant explain it. :( i started praying then i wake up same position in my dream. And my back hurts ;( so please help me!! I dont know whats happening to me. :((

Im going 18 this October. Im still very young. Since the incident im always uneasy, sometimes my right eye feels weird :( i feel hot(weather) all the time. Im irritable. Im having chest pains at times. It feels like im gonna have a heart attack because 2 weeks ago i was depressed. So please help me plsss :(
Hi hope your doing fine.

Did you try to consult your doctor already? if you have to do so before everything goes wrong. Please see your doctor for medications and advises. Don't get it wait for too long you might have problems with your heart that may lead to heart attack or something. or probably paralyzed you but don't panic yet you still not sure of it. Just see your doctor for recommendations and diagnoses.

hope that helps.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Understand your predicament. The symptoms you are experiencing could be due to an entity called sleep paralysis. When this happens in sleep the person has difficulty moving his hands or feet. This is the symptom of a sleep disorder called Narcolepsy. This sleep disorder is characterized by excessive daytime sleepiness, sleep paralysis, cataplexy where the person has episodes of loss of muscle function while awake, hypnagogic hallucinations and automatic behavior. Hypnagogic hallucinations, are hallucinations which occur between sleep and awakening. You will need to consult your primary care physician, who may schedule you for a polysomnogram (sleep test) to rule out sleep disorders and initiate appropriate therapy.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.