Sudden wake up
I awoke this morning to a severe panic attack.  My heart was racing and my left arm was numb.  I was recently weened off High Blood Pressure pills and have been on 1mg Lorazapan for 3 days.  I felt shaky all ver and legs were extremely week.  Really scared as I have never had this happen before.  Help as I was close to calling an ambulance but have since calmed down.  Can anyone tell me what I just experienced?  My wife is back from a trip to see her parents tomorrow and I am scared to hell!!!!
Hello and hope you are doing well.

It could be Angina, which is pain due to inadequate blood supply to the heart is usually retrosternal (mid chest or slightly to the left) and is usually brought on by exercise and relieved by rest. But there can be atypical varieties also. You could be having atypical symptoms. Since you are a hypertensive, you fall in the high-risk group. In addition, if you are a smoker, the risk increases many fold.

The other causes to consider would be cervical spondylosis (neck problem) or disorders of the nerves, muscle or shoulder joint.   But when in doubt always best to have it checked. So please consult your primary care physician who may ask for an EKG or a treadmill test to rule out a cardiac cause for the pain.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.