TRIED EVERYTHING!!! STILL CAN'T SLEEP!!!
I have tried everything I can think of...warm baths, warm milk, sleep schedules, temperature differences in the room, etc. and I still can't sleep. No matter what time I go to bed I always wake up at 4 am. I take meds that should make me sleep, but get no relief. I have no energy, little desire for food, and have lost 84 lbs. since June 2010. Now the stress of all this is making me worse. I average 2 1/2 - 4 hrs a night. Not enough to keep a person going, and my seizures are getting worse. Any help out there?
Sorry to have more questions than answers, but maybe you can glean something from it...
Have you had a sleep study? If so, what did it show? If not, why not?
Are you on medications that can interfere with sleep?
Have you been checked for overactive thyroid?
Do you have any signs of limb movements while you sleep?

Have you continually made your doctor aware how severe and prolonged your sleep depriviation is? If they do know but are not aggressively searching for an answer, find someone who will. You need a reason why before you can treat it.
I just spent 3 days in the hospital for seizures (had one in the drs. office), they consulted my neuro who upped 1 of my meds. They changed my antibiotic, but now I'm pucking. Now that I'm home, I am going to stop taking the antibiotic. just to see if that helps. I do have RLS, and they even decreased that med. I've never had a sleep study done. I am thinking of moving to Arizona, my sister lives there, she said that they have an excellant phycillity (?sp). for people with my problems, there. I asked her to look into it. I am truly scared to death. oh yeah, I asked my doctor about Ensure or Boost to help with weight gain, and she said those were for people with cancer or other life-threatening illnesses. Not me. I'm ready to give up.