Sleep Disorders Community
This ruining my life and Marriage

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

This ruining my life and Marriage

I have narcolepsy, severe sleep apnea, and Insomnia. I have a c-pap with a setting of 13. I try to use it after a couple hours I wake up feeling in panic like I cant breath and rip it off.
I take 10mg of Zolpidem to help me sleep. but some times I just lay awake feeling goofy. During the day ( even on the rare I do feel rested.
I fall asleep standing, sitting, talking to others. No matter how hard I try not to. Thats with takeing Nuvigil to stay awake. Ive tried 250mg. that gives very bad head aches and cheast pains. also tried takeing 50mg pills every two hours. that help head aches be less severe. but still have cheast pains. I have had auto accdents from falling asleep. and lost two jobs over this. Being late and falling asleep at work. I have no short term memory, and its hard to think clearly. I feel like Im going insane. Oh I have dreams when falling asleep at work even though is only a few secs to a min or two.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Understand your predicament.

Excessive daytime sleepiness can occur, due to inadequate sleep at night due to sleep disorders like obstructive sleep apnea. Ensure to use the CPAP machine regularly. Go for regular follow ups with your doctor to check to see if the apneas are under control and if your sleep is adequate. If in spite of this if Excessive daytime sleepiness persists then other disorders like narcolepsy need to be considered. Adderall (adderrall) is used to treat narcolepsy.

Follow good sleep hygiene measures like going to bed at the same time, waking up at the same time, avoidance of alcohol, smoking and caffeinated beverages. Maintain warm, comfortable bedroom environment and engage in relaxing activities like a warm bath before bed time. This promotes good sleep and reduces the severity of symptoms of sleep disorders.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.