Sleep Disorders Community
Trouble sleeping......... HELP

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

Trouble sleeping......... HELP

For the two months I have had problems sleeping. It would start out where I wouldnt sleep at all for three nights in a row and then be able to sleep again with the help of tyelenol pm. Tyelenol pm then stopped working and I was still have trouble getting to sleep at all. The doctor prescribed ambien, it works off and on. I would take it and it would help me sleep but then sometimes it wouldnt work. Recently I couldnt sleep for three nights in a row and then ambien did not work for me. I will sleep from the ambien but then the next night I will have no sleep whatso ever. I found that even when I cut the ambien in half 5mg I am able to sleep sometimes. I want to know if anxiety can push you to the point of not sleeping at all and that I dont have sporadic fatal insomnia? Sometimes after I do sleep I have like a mind fog where it takes me atleast two hours for my mind to defog. Right now I am taking half of 5mg of ambien and it is working some nights for me to go to sleep. I have also become more nervous and agitated lately with panic attacks. I want to relax knowing that anxiety can cause this kind of insomnia and not some fatal disease.
I started having insomnia about three months ago. I found that after not sleeping well for a week I developed intense anxiety and panic attacks.  I have read allot abot anxiety. They say it goes hand in hand with depression.  Depression/anxiety/stress are the primary causes of insomnia.  I wish I could tell you what to do but I am still suffering from insomnia as well despite trying all kinds of sleeping pills.