Trouble staying asleep
For the past few months, I've been waking up consistently at least 2 or 3 times a night and having trouble getting back to sleep after I wake up. I start late anyway, usually going to bed between 1 & 2AM but then I wake up around 4AM and usually again around 6 or 7. We had a baby around a year and a half ago, so, part of the wake ups may be due to dealing with the baby's schedule for a year, but she's been sleeping through the night for 6 months now.

Due to this, I never feel like I get a full night's sleep, and I wind up having trouble getting up when I'd like to, which is around 9. (7 hours sleep used to be fine for me).

Could this be carry-over from the baby or a disorder? How do I get back to a regular sleep schedule? Any help would be great. Thanks.
I was having the same problem and it turned out to be a thyroid disorder called Graves Disease (hyperthyroidism), which causes insomnia.  Also having thyroid problems after having children is quite common.  Might want to have it checked out.
Hello.

I suppose you are talking about a grandchild in your home.

You are not sleeping well. But this is less likely to be a carry over of the disturbance due to the baby's disturbance.

You need to see if you are consuming any medicines which cause insomnia. Secondly, are there any addictions, like coffee, alcohol, etc.

You also need to check if you are experiencing any other symptoms as well. (like, memory loss, headaches, etc.)

If you are under some stress, it could manifest as a sleep problem.

I suggest you consult a sleep specialist and get a sleep study done.

How is your sleep now, by the way ?

Regards