Sleep Disorders Community
Twitching while sleeping

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

Twitching while sleeping

Hello, for the past couple of months my wife has told me that I twitch while start to fall aleep and during sleeping hours. I keeps her from getting a good night sleep and sometimes I end up sleeping on the floor or the couch in the living room. I dont know what to do and what is causing this problem. Someone please help me out here, thank you.
Avatar n tn
I would go into your doctor. He may ask that you get a sleep study done. I twitch all night as well and will wake myself up.  Through a sleep study I was diagnosed with Periodic Leg Movement Disorder.  There are medications that they can give for this.  The doctors I've been to prescribe Parkinson type drugs such as Ropinerol or Mirapex. This will at least to some degree help stop the twitching.  Although occassionally I still have bad nights even while taking the drugs.