Sleep Disorders Community
Unable to get enough continuous sleep...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

I am living with two other people in my apartment. Although all the 3 of us have separate rooms, it is very annoying when either of the two other people keep walking across the other rooms in the apartment like kitchen and bathroom in the middle of the night. This has been happening for quite a long time (2 years). I haven`t had a good sleep for a long time. I wake up if there is a little noise around outside the room. I have tried exercising, meditation, etc. Yet i failed to get complete rest. I believe i can recover quickly from many problems, physical and emotional, if i could get the amount of rest my body requires. Are there any solutions like performing a specific Exercise / Yoga / Meditation task that can give me a good sleep?.

I get up 2 to 3 times in the night and mostly have a discontinuous sleep. I have thought about using ear-plugs. But in that case, i would be shunted from using my mobile phone alarm.

Besides, i also have snoring due to deviated septum. But never know how worse it is while i`m in deep sleep...
Hi, welcome to the forum, you seem to have normal onset of sleep but there seems to be problem with depth of sleep or sleep maintenance.

The therapy for this condition includes retaining of normal circadian rhythm by non-pharmacological therapy which includes; Photo therapy (As you may not be exposing to adequate light during the day may be due to office work, in such cases you may have to be in bright artificial light or sun light), maintenance of sleep hygiene.

You need to go for morning exercises which will make you fresh and active all day and tiredness at the end of day will help you to induce sleep naturally. Yoga and meditation can also help to eliminate stress and create a more peaceful sleeping atmosphere and provides a relaxed state of mind.

Psychotherapy can also help you to learn how to cope and deal with the various stressors in your life. Do not worry, follow the above mentioned methods and the symptoms will alleviate soon. I suggest you to consult sleep specialist. Take care and regards.

Thank you very much, indeed!. This was truly helpful, sir. I will try and change my timings so that i can suit my lifestyle by receiving more sunlight so that my body can mesh with the proper rhythm. You are very kind!.

Thank you!.
hello sir,
i am a college student and hosteler due to chat with friends i use to sleep late night by 12.30 or 1am.
now-a-days i cant get a continuous sleep,i get up by 3 or 4 as soon as i sleep and it takes time to go to sleep again sir can pls explain me why its happen n is there any problem with me.
waiting for reply.
thank you!