Sleep Disorders Community
Unrestful sleep/low quality of sleep

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

Unrestful sleep/low quality of sleep

I've been struggling with this for a long time. I can sleep 6, 7, even 8 or more hours, and still feel tired and drained in the morning. If I try and sleep too long (more than 7 hours), I feel hung over as well as tired, and develop a headache. I don't wake up in the night, don't snore, don't dream, and have only mild insomnia falling asleep at night. My last doctor prescribed zolpidem (ambien), which didn't help at all, and may have only made it worse. My new doctor prescribed lunesta, but I had to decline picking it up at the pharmacy after my insurance company wouldn't cover it.

Is there anything out there that can help me specifically with quality of sleep?
Hi, welcome to the forum, your history suggests that you have milder form of sleep disorder. There is a delayed onset of sleep and as well as there may be a disturbance in attainment of depth of sleep. This can also be associated with sedentary life style.

Your sleep architecture seems to be disturbed. The therapy for this condition includes retaining of normal circadian rhythm by non-pharmacological therapy which includes; maintenance of sleep hygiene. You need to go for morning exercises and work out which will make you fresh and active all day and tiredness at the end of day will help you to induce sleep naturally. Have complete food in the dinner.

I suggest you to consult sleep specialist. Take car and regards.
Yes, magnesium taurate works wonderfully with giving a deep, restful sleep.
hai:
BE relax while sleeping
Consume Warm Milk, or honey or potato, or banana half and hour before going to bed.

thanks

Thank you for your reply. I'm trying to solidify my sleep schedule, but the occurrences of excessive fatigue or insomnia are irregular enough to make that difficult. I've started taking a simple benadryl and some melatonin in the evening to help me get to sleep on time, and regulating my dose of caffeine by taking half a caffeine pill and a B-complex in the morning rather than coffee or soda throughout the day.