Sleep Disorders Community
Use CPAP but still always tired

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

Use CPAP but still always tired

I have always had trouble waking in the morning no matter how much sleep I get. Have been on CPAP for OSA for 2 years. Even though dr. checked CPAP card and all looks good, I still can't wake up. I struggle with energy, concentration, memory, etc. during the day. Especially over the last year or two I struggle with motivation to do things that I need to do.  I have been on Effexor for general moodiness, etc. for about 3 years and Allegra for allergies for 2 years.  Dr. recently increased Effexor from 75mg to 150mg thinking that depression is causing energy symptoms.  No change that I can tell.  Have gained about 30 lbs. in the past 3-4 years, even though my diet has not changed.  Use to be able to buckle down and lose weight thru diet and excercise, but can no longer find the motivation. The difficulty of waking up is bad enough, but the total lack of motivation is becoming unbearable. It is causing me problems with getting tasks done both at work and at home. Any ideas?!?!?!?
Oh yeah, 44 year old male.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Diabetes Mellitus and Hypothyroidism could cause the symptoms described by you. Have these been evaluated? A simple blood test could help detect diabetes and hypothyroidism. Consult your primary care physician for these tests.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Discussed concerns with my dr.  I didn't realize he had my TSH tested a couple of years ago.  TSH was 4.7 then which he seemed to think was OK.  I see conflicting info online as to "normal" TSH ranges.  Again, that test was a couple of years ago.  He has sent me for another TSH test and a testosterone test.
what kind of thyroid disorder can cause this?  I have these thyroid glandulars but don't know if they are safe or not?

I have both CSA and OSA and struggle with my bipap machine since I keep taking the mask off.  I'm having the exact same problems for 2 years now and headaches.

Please ask for a stress test.maybe when you sleep, your heart is not pumping enough . A lot of sleepap.patients have this problem.
what is the name of the stress test?  do you get that from a cardiologist or sleep lab?  I started trying theophylline and it is supposed to increase oxygen to your heart
Hi.  I had a stress test a few months back.  No problem there.
is it a cardio stress test?