Sleep Disorders Community
Vivid dreams everyday

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

Vivid dreams everyday

Hello

I have had the most vivid and sometimes very very realistic dreams since I can remember. I have never met anyone that dreams even half as much as I do and remember it like I do. I sleep lees than the majority of people i know too. It's almost impossible for me to sleep before 12 unless I ran a marathon or something or haven't slept enough for weeks. I'd say 5 hours a night is my standard. I can remember pretty far back. Not everything of course. Think its safe to say that I remember most of my life and a lot of the dreams that I had since I was 3 and a half years old. If only it was the same for school I sucked at listening, studying and doing home work. I couldn't concentrate and wasn't interested.I remember before 3 years some things but not every thing like I do after 3 years old. I remember crawling and lying in my pram and being bored with only a bottle of milk and the toys hanging above my bed that I can't touch. being exited when my parents came to take me out and trying to communicate with them Asking my mom if I can drink milk from her(not nice to remember always haha) And a lot of other things including dreams I had like being out side my body. People laugh at me when I tell them this and when I tell them about my dreams everyday. I don't think they always believe me which I can understand. My best friends know me very well and like listening to my crazy and sometimes funny or really interesting dreams. My nightmares started before my sister (3 years younger) was born I was about 3 years and it was in the same old farm house only in the one particular room where I had the worst nightmares. I dreamt that mickey mouse and donald duck was sitting on my brother and telling me that they are going to kill him and making jokes with me and teasing me. It really really felt real like my eyes was open I was wide awake. I would scream and cry and as soon as my mom and dad came in they ran out of the room. I think because I was still so young and everything seemed possible and I still believed in Santa and all that staff it made it difficult to know when I am dreaming. I usually woke up between 2 and 3 am from night mares and still do.Of course now I know when it was just a dream and when it's real. Unless sometimes when I am drunk or over tired or when I am going trough trauma my dreams are exactly like the day was. For ins-tens I would go to a party and go to sleep and dream I am still partying and everyone is dressed and everything is exactly how it was at the party. I have full and long conversations with people and everything in those dreams.When I wake up I just have to think for a while and sometimes ask a few questions to my friends to differentiate between when I went to sleep and when I was still actually partying. I sometimes watch a movie and then go to sleep and the whole movie would play/dream in my head.I used to start to think that there might be something wrong with me because of no one else I know understand even half of what I am talking about when I talk about my dreams. It didn't actually bother me that much that I was different from everyone I was happy with my family and animals and few good friends. Then my mom and dad divorced when I was 16y and a lot of other bad and traumatic things followed for that next 7 years ...friends died...wrong boyfriends etc.I rebelled and got my self deeper and deeper into depression. Anti-depression medicine made me feel horrible. I could feel the pills in my head. It felt like shock waves or electricity and i stopped taking them. I also changed so much and couldn't be myself. The whole point of telling you this is. Is that in that time my dreams were absolutely horrible scary and tiring. I didn't want to go to sleep some nights and I woke up tired. My dreams disrupted my life. It was pain full.I started crying when I wake up and before I go to sleep. My heart and body was in so much pain. It is 3 years later now and I went to 3 different doctors and got tested etc.to make 100% sure for myself.All of them said more or less the same. I am not bi polar, or anything really serious I am just to sensitive and going through trauma. That was enough for me and all I wanted to know. My mom tried to send me to people to talk to me and get help, but I just couldn't do it. I got to angry when someone starts telling me what they think my problem is and what I should do about it. When in the first place they didn't know me and didn't even know or understand half of what goes on in my head plus i didn't have the energy to explain when i knew that if my friends and own parents don't understand how could they.all of them had so many different opinions from me and each other that my only opinion made way more sense. 2nd was because I have had these problems my whole life and some were new but they gave me advise and that wasn't any help to me and made me angry to think that they think I haven't thought of all those solutions they are telling me. Like i said i have had those problems for a long time and have thought of  they solutions already. My dreams and lack of sleep was my biggest problem and it was because i wasn't dealing with my real issues the right way I knew that, but it felt like the people who tried to help me treated me like i am crazy and already made up their minds before giving me a chance to explain. I don't like it when people feel sorry for me or speak to me like I am dump or put me under "this' class of people, personalty or what ever. I think humans are waaaaaay more complicated than that and that they aren't that stupid either. My last doctor understood me and we could speak for hours and it was a 2 way healthy conversation too. I told him about everything and he understood.Since then I trust myself way more. I have been dealing with my problems by myself and figuring out what the problems are by myself. I spend way less time with most of the depressed and emotional draining friends and family I had. Try to stay away from too big crowds of people and people I know could potentially make me depressed. I do more activities by my self. I have better friends now than ever and I am truly really happy for the first time in 7 years. My dreams are still vivid and I still get nightmares some nights, but then I Analise them and try to figure out why I am having them. My dreams are important to me now and I listen. I goggled researched an thought about why I have such dreams and how. I have had this "problem" since I can remember and dreams is part of my everyday life. I love my vivid and crazy dreams. Sometimes I know that I am dreaming and I just go along. Sometimes I work out what I want to do or make big decisions in me dreams. Sometimes I even realize how I really feel about a person or situation in my dreams. I honestly see my vivid crazy dreams as a blessing and when I watch the wrong movies, have the wrong conversations or go through a traumatic time in my life I know that I am going to have heavy vivid nightmares. But hey it's better dealing with it through dreams and understand your self better than have to listen to 100 of different opinions about why they think you feel or act or bla bla bla when all the answers lies in your dreams. I am getting better at analyzing and understanding my dreams everyday and I am starting to know when a dream is just a dream and when it's something that might really happen or that I should listen too. I hope in the future I will learn even more and get better.

I hope that this book haha ;) of information might help anyone else and please also know that I am always open for new and other possibilities. Maybe I am way off and I know that I am not right about everything. I am still working out the amazing brain us humans have. So please add more info or correct me if you think I am totally wrong. I listen and make up my own mind and love getting new ideas and understandings.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The studies on dreams is still abstract. A lot of studies are going on to study the importance of REM sleep, which is the dream phase of sleep. Psychologists generally agree that achieving the dream state of sleep is a critical element for maintaining good mental health. Conversely, depriving ones self from dreaming can cause a number of adverse health problems, including fatigue, reduced immune system efficiency, heart disease and mental health issues including delusions and severe cognitive reasoning deficits.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.