Sleep Disorders Community
Vivid dreams

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

Vivid dreams

Hi this is my first post. . I'm 21 years of age male and from just outside london in the UK. .When i was abour 6-7 i used to have reocurring nightmares. . that woke me up after what felt like hours of torture in a cold sweat and jumping from my bed, I had this say one or two nights a week some times more fluently then that, this went on until i was about 13. . the dream contained nothing but static and equilateral shapes. . .All very bizarre. Since the age of 13-14 i have had tremendously vivid dreams that link in with my surroundings. This year they have become so current they literally occur 5 out of 7 nights. .  my diet and sleep pattern are irregular but no more than previous years. .  I have dreams of all varieties some of the most common. .  are for me to realise i'm dreaming then for me to wake up only to still be in another dream. . The other evening i was dreaming that i was in a busy street, traffic rushing by, and people pushing past me the breeze running through my hair. .  the surroundings changing ever so slightly. .  i then begin to interact with a friend. . then i realise (as usual) I am infact dreaming the dream switches into a different dream where a female friend of mine is dreaming and i'm watching in some weird perspective she is with another friend then she starts talking the voice echos through me as it is exactly the same as my friends voice. she says (myname)'s dreaming again we should call him, he should know were dreaming the same dream. .  bang i wake up, sit up right in a sweat thinking i have to call my friend, i have too i have to ring her to see if she had the same dream. . .then whilst sitting there perplexed i actually wake up. .  lying flat on my back in a sweat thinking what the hell was that all about. .  My dreams are becoming too much to take. . some nights i barely sleep at all. .  i am aware of my dreams and that i'm dreaming, i can now wake myself up if a dream becomes to intense. . or scares me if you will. .  I feel i need help and that i am completly outkasted from the outside world.  Which is why i came here to this website. . If any one can offer any sort of answer as this is the the tip of the ice berg with my dreams. .  i have a countless list of dreams and nightmares i remember. .