Sleep Disorders Community
Wake up seeing things???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

Viewing 601-602 comments:
I don't know if I can help you but send them or her to me, I will sacrifice my life for you.
Send them to me and I will sacrifice my life to you if it helps.
Send them to me and I will sacrifice my life for you.
If someone is showing you this imagery I have no idea why but send them to me if there is anyone actually doing this to you and I will protect you.
I'am not sure if you are being preyed on by anything but if you are send them to me and I will sacrifice my life to you.
If you feel you are being attacked by something you can send them to me and I will protect you.
I don't know if I can help but if it helps send them to me and I will sacrifice my life to you.
If you feel worried about it and feel like you are being attacked by something senf them to me and I will protect you with my life.
i am 14 now and when i was little cant remember what age i use to have really bad nightmares but wake up before anything really bad happened. when i woke up it was still really dark and i would always be sweating then i would see things that was from my nightmare, like once i had a bad dream about cats (i didnt like them when i was little cause my grandfathers cat would always scratch me when i visited him) and i woke up looking at my fairy lights in the dark and just seeing these cats jumping on them and i had memorized the pattern they did it in so when i turned on my light and saw that the fairy lights were still moving in that pattern i got worried and stared at it till the morning, i had many other experiences like that when i was little but its all stopped now. can you tell me what was happening to me when i was  little please
I am so happy to know i am not alone on this.  For several years I kept seeing spiders on the wall, on my pillow, or hanging from the ceiling.  As time passed, the color seemed to change on them and by then I knew they were not real, so i've learned to control my emotion towards it.  Nevetheless, now i have to sleep with the light on to help me assimilate what I see.  I've gone through a sleep test and I've been told nothing is wrong with my sleep cycle, i am not tired when I work unless i'm sleep deprived which is normal, but I can never tell when a hallucination will happwn. Lately i'm seeing the room i am in change, either the textures of the windows, or the texture of the walls.  I too have seen shadows of people standing next to me, but that is seldom. Sometimes the images linger, i am able to move and look around so i stay calm and either close my eyes to stop watching things, or keep blinking and keep staring more in awe of knowing im seeing something that is not there until things go back to normal.  Its been helpful to rationalize the images while they are live, like being aware you are in a dream and taking control of it. It makes it more manageable.
You aren't crazy Nikki. Many thousands of normal, sane, intelligent people see these. Just pray for help from Gd then ignore these bastards. They like to scare you and get your attention> You have the power. They got nothing!
Im 16 years old and one time in the middle of the night I woke up and saw something moving and I saw that my closet was closed (before I went to bed my closet was opened) I FREAKED OUT and ran to my moms room and told my mom theres someone in my room. when my mom checked, the closet wasn't closed, it was open. A few days later I woke up in the middle of the night and I saw something moving but after a while it disappeared I freaked out again and without thinking I was doing this, I opened my door (I WAS WEARING ONLY A T-SHIRT AND A UNDERWEAR and I female) and I went to my moms door. THE NEXT DAY I HAD NO CLUE THAT I OPENED MY MOMS DOOR IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT. then just recently I saw some snakes on the floor and then after a while it went  away so I went back to sleep but then an hour later I could hear music so freaked out and I asked my mom to sleep with me :*( THIS NEVER HAPPENS WHEN MY MOM SLEEPS BESIDE ME it mostly happens when im alone in my room. this is so scarey and I hope this can stop because if I get freaked out everyday from waking up in the middle of the night, then I don't think I can move out and get my own house when  im older :*(
ok im 11 and i was dreaming about my hamster and i woke up and i see him or a big hamster staring at me i stare at it i get scared a little then it climbs threw the wall and just is gone.I call my mom she checks the bed nothing there... at 4 am i have this by the way.i go to the pc and research till its school.
You're experiencing hypnagogic hallucinations! Theyre more common than you think. Its like half-asleep dreams. You can be asleep without feeling like you are. Ask a doctor, maybe ask a sleep specialist. With other symptoms like excessive daytime sleepiness, this could indicate a sleep disorder. But without EDS, I wouldn't worry too much.
HOWEVER if you are experiencing these hallucinations while YOU dont feel tired and you've been awake and up/moving for a while, this could be some other problem and I would see a psychiatrist. I had a friend who experienced psychotic depression after the death of 4 of his best friends. This really just means that with his depression, he had hallucinations, often of their voices, the people physically, or of negative messages seen or heard in his environment that were not there.
Sometimes the combination of dreams and reality is due to lucid dreaming. Some people do this intentionally (though it can be unintentional), to have out of body experiences or to control their dreams, but many accounts of this are scary and cant be controlled.
I had that last night and i saw a spider as big as my hand which we don't have in my country and after a few blinks it was gone. this wasn't the first time except the last time i saw a man on my ceiling. Each time this has happened i have screamed and gone and slept in another bed.
My experiences are the same as yours . I  see people just for a few seconds  upon awakening just after falling asleep. I always scream from fright because it frightens me so much. It has happened to me 9 or10 times in the past 8 months usually when I am pretty exhausted!
My experiences are the same as yours. I see people just for a few seconds upon awakening just after I go to sleep. It has happened 9or 10 times in the past 8 months usually when I'm exhausted.
Avatar n tn
Hi: I want to suggest that in most cases this is a spiritual experience not a natural one. This is the reason most of those who have written on here are sharing nearly identical experiences, seeing spiders, people, lights, etc. Many years ago, I had similar experiences. I called on the name of Jesus Christ and the "apparition" left. It returned, I called on Jesus and it left. It returned and I did the same thing. I learned how to bless my home, tell the spirits to leave in the name of Jesus, and how to keep my home free of unwanted spiritual guests. We live in a natural environment which also has spirits. This is entirely Biblical. The New Testament has valuable information to help.
I keep seeing really strange things at night. Like i see a little girl in the corner of my room then i blink and shes gone! Or i hear think that other people can't hear like my name being shouted out in class or noises in my house at night but never in the day.what dose that mean? Am i going insane? Do i have a mental illness? What do i do?
Im 13 years old and i keep hearing/seeing thing that are not there.like i see a little girl in a long white dress long dark hair and light blue eyes. i see her in my room at night she just stands there i turn my back for one second then...shes gone.i keep having nightmares, im in my bed tosing and turning (i am quite figetie) but i feel a warm flow of air on my face so i open my eyes and all i see is a man in a brown leather jacket and bark blue jeans standing over me he chuckles then he straightens up and he slowly takes his hands from he hide his back i see glistening silver. I cant move in terrified! Then he says to me "die ***** die" and just as the blade meets my chest i wake up. Whay dose it mean?. the voices i hear, in my head they say "kill your self" or "your worthless gracie!" And i have come close to death cus on them. i must say i dont think im normal. Im different to all my friends i stay quiet i keep to my self. I talk to the voices in my head.people think im weird. But am i? Am i mental?? Am i literally going insane???
I am now 44 and been experiencing see strange things for years, I had fallen asleep , then next I am ( awake). Last night I did it again saw like orange spiders hanging off a web, I have seen colored balloons, funny shaped objects and things on walls  and if I leave the TV on it goes into my dreams. Twice I even saw a ghost, white lady , long blonde hair long white dress, she came to me twice when I had two different boyfriends. Is this a sign of stress, insecurity, guilt or anxiety?
I am now 44 and been experiencing see strange things for years, I had fallen asleep , then next I am ( awake). Last night I did it again saw like orange spiders hanging off a web, I have seen colored balloons, funny shaped objects and things on walls  and if I leave the TV on it goes into my dreams. Twice I even saw a ghost, white lady , long blonde hair long white dress, she came to me twice when I had two different boyfriends.
That's strange I wake up  seeing things also, I woke up in the middle of the night it look like someone was putting their have thou the back of my bedroom door and I see Spiders also, sometimes I think there is  evil spirits in this house,there is a lady who lives in the the back room who is always out in the hall talking to herself,I been living here for 2 years, and this is getting on my nerves, I am 57 years old I don't need this in my life...  
One time when I was younger im 12 now I woke up and I saw like looney tunes on the walls and I was also wide awake I walked to my mom rooms and woke her up told her and she said its just a dream sleep with me so I got in her bed went back to sleep and then later I woke up and I saw all the little looney tunes like Tweety Bird, chip and dale and all these other little tiny  characters and the door was open and  bugs Bunny was on the door eating a carrot and I woke up my mom and she said there is nothing there I was  absolutely terrified, I also had dreams of what I thought was Bloody Mary were I would wake up and not be able to move or talk and sometimes I would wake up and would be coking myself and my arms were red that happend like 3 times. I told my mom years later and she said it might have been the old hag but idk. But I learned that you have control of your dreams wich I didnt know before so i remembered that and the next time I had one I told myself in the dream while I was sleep and I said to myself I have control and I lifted my feet of the bed and woke myself up, and I wasnt scared I was actually really proud of my self lol.
Hi I don't know if this is related but last week I had difficulty falling asleep.I eventually drifted off but woke in the darkness and I could see an object hovering above my head. It looked like a light from a surgical lamp and also like a laser or operating machine . It was not physical.,but it was very interactive. I felt that it was obtaining information . I was not scared and turned onto my side and went back to sleep.
Avatar n tn
This happens almost everytime I wake up during the night.if I let it happen. This started about 3 years ago.  I'm in my seventies. I would wake up but I would keep my eyes closed and just look into the darkness. A screen would appear with images on the screen. It is like a streaming video. I see people talking to one another.  I see there features clearly.  Though I see them talking I never here a sound. I see them laughing or driving motor vehicles. I know I'm awake.  Sometimes I will hold my eye lid closed to keep out the ambient light because I don't want to lose the image. I try to see words to help me identify where the scene is taking place. The image eventually fades after 20 to 30 seconds it seems. They are never threatening. I can not interact with the images. I see writing on store fronts if it is on the outside and street signs. I scenes appear to be n court rooms. I see men dressed in business like suits entering and leaving. The images can last long enough to tell my wife what I see before it fades.
Im 30 and I have been seeing things in my room since i was little. I remember when i was a kid seing shadows or people in my bedroom and i was paralysed with fear.This night i woke up and there was a person next to my bedroom door. I wanted to turn my light on but because the " thing " was next to it i couldnt get nearer and for some reason i couldnt scream..so i had to "sleep" it off .. Things never really improved. Wherever i used to go and spend the night i would see things . And on several occasions i woke up screaming an woke up the whole house, which was quite embarrasing to be honest. The things I see vary anywhere between insects and people. I seen spiders, huuuge snakes standing at the foot of my bed watching me.. arms crawling from under cupboards, or behind the curtains , or above the bed , persons being in my room, but normally i dont see the faces, just the shadows, scary heads watching me from a black hole in the wall, insects crawling on the bed , or walls, amongst other things crawling and moving . My partner wakes up sometimes with me sitting on the bed and staring at the "thing" and hes trying to get me to sleep saying that is nothing there, but i still see it and then it retracts... Many times i open my eyes knowing theres something there and i tell to myself..is not real..and it goes away but it doesnt mean that it doesnt scare me, and it always comes back. A few months ago my "dream" actually had a go at me.. we booked a night in a hotel and spa for my birthday and there was this corner in the room that after i went to bed just didnt look right.. so i wake up in the middle of the night and i see two men standing there watching me.. and i was watching them knowing they are not real.. but they didnt retract, they advanced on and came closer and i turned away , i just couldnt look at them.. I said to myself "they are not here and they are not real" and i looked back but when i did, they came close and jumped towards me . I did started screaming and as a result, my sister ( who was in another bed with her husband) started screaming too, and my partner woke up screaming too! :D Well it definitely was a night to remember.. we probably woke up alot of people!! These things are scary! And seeing that there are so many of us who experience the same thing calms me down a little bit. They cant touch us! And we have to stay strong and remember that they are not true. I had a funny "dream" once in my life and i wish there were more of those funny ones instead of scary. I will share it with you .. and i hope that it will make you smile : so.. (this happened a few months ago).. i wake up in the middle of the night and there are these pots hanging above the bed tied by red baloons.. and as they reached the ceiling, the baloons would pop and the pots would fall!. So as i take my hand out i had this large tray in it and i started catching all of them but one.. which kept floating lol. So i pull the blanket on my head and my partners head and started telling him: is falling! at this point he woke up and tried to come out from under the blanket but i wouldnt let him because i was worried it will fall on his head! after a while i looked from under the blanket and there was no more pot and i finally let him come out. I realised it was one of my "dreams" and i started giggling by myself. He never remembered the next day but i did . After a bad night ( which i dont recall, but my partner does),he read about it  online and asked me to look it up online. This is how i found this forum.. I am really happy that i did! I hope that you guys are all having a great night. I apologise for any mistakes made. English is not my native language.
OK so every time at night time I see people, owls,foxy,in my room like when I wake up I see those things every night it scared me
Sleep paralysis.

Google it! It's real.
Yes! This happens to me too, the jumbling of faces and events when I close my eyes to go to sleep. I hate it! Normally I'll have to open and close my eyes a few times before it goes away...
I have the same thing! But not as scary, its a lack of  vitemine b14 (or d14) im not completely sure but the medicine box sais so!
Mine is different.  My first experience was months ago where in my dream I was being chased by snakes.  Then as I was about to be bitten I woke up.  But as I was wide awake in the dark, I saw this big glowing weak (gray color) circuit board program where I see computerized looking snakes moving inside it like it's from an 80's computer game slash Aztec scripts.  It was moving away slowly as I watching it.   I felt someone or something was playing with my mind, giving me that snake nightmare and that I caught them red handed.  That's how I felt.  And it happened again last night.  But this time, different images were forming inside the circuit board-like after I had a nightmare where I'd seen different creatures.  And the circuit board-like was slowly coming towards my ceiling fan to hide until it disappeared.  Anybody having this same problem?  Do experts have a name for this type of experience?  Pm me at petnshare google.  Thanks.
This is hilarious!!! And I googled this because everything that you just described perfectly happens to me! Let's be Facebook friends!! Lol - geri_ann55***@****
Sounds like you need to get an exorism in your house
I have the same dreams as this! I'm a spiritual person and my boyfriend isn't in the slightest. I always see people in the corner of the room, behind the curtain and they're so real. I've woken my boyfriend up and he just says there's nothing there but it's so real, heart pounding and ******** a brick
Hi, I'm so sorry to hear about your terrifying experiences. I have been reading through these posts because last night I saw a sink outlined with a pink thin light floating above me. I sat up awake with eyes open and told my husband what I saw as I touched it. I've been stressing about buying a home and remodeling it. I'm a interior designer/ homemaker. But I and my husband are super sensitive to what we call the veil. We are active members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and believe that when we chose to come to earth part of the Fathers plan was to test our faith by placing a veil over our memories of the spirit world and experiences we had there.  We believe Satan was cast down to the earth with his followers for rebellion and given the ability to tempt  distract us from returning to our heavenly home.

My husband holds the priesthood and blesses our home to protect us and keep demons away.  They come where they are invited.  We have watched a dark show, or argued or talked bad about someone and lost the spirit in our home and felt Satanic presences in our rooms,  we turn on the lights and pray it away.  I am a big dreamer and have learned how in Jesus name to cast out evil spirits and while stubborn in Jesus name with your arm to the square they have to leave.  

I also prayed to stop having those dreams and sacrifices they angelic dreams and visits too. The Lord listens to our prayers,  I pray often and search my scriptures daily strengthening my relationship with God. As I live righteously Satan has no power over me.  I pray for soldier angels to watch over my family on the outsides of my home and angel nannies to help keep peace with my little ones inside the home, I ask for no one else unless sent with a message from God. It works. I has seen good spirits and felt them hanging out in my home. One young girl came to watch me in my sleep and it freaked me out so I told her she wasn't welcome here and like lighting she bolted out of the room. This always happens in that awake asleep stage about 10-60 mins after falling asleep.

As far as the balls of energy I do think you are seeing that and yes there probably is a scientific explanation but there are other detentions among us and some can sense and see into them.  I like I said since I have been reading my scriptures and praying hours a day in joy the darkness is gone and I occasionally see threads of beautiful light  form objects.  One time I was getting up to nurse my daughter in the night and saw one right by the door about 11 inches from the ground and I walked right through it.

God is real. He cares about you and is so sensitive to your feelings.  Call upon Him, align your life with his teachings and you will gain control over your situation and be helped in ways doctors will never understand from a medical point of view.

Love and prayers sent your way..

Heidi

Thinking back to around 10 years ago when I was first married I do remember seeing the back dots and thinking they were spiders too.  I think it is a combination of stress, being off balance and seeing through the veil of this world.  I know that I have complete control and no longer sleep in fear because I do my very best to pray always with a sincere heart and live my life the way God asks me too so I always have Him to back me up. It's now super interesting to me when I see the lights instead of terrifying like it has been in the past.

Love and prayers sent your way..

Heidi
Wow, I did not expect to see other people with this.  It just starting happening to me.  I swear I feel something on me and see either a very large shield shaped beetle, or a huge spider, and they are moving.  So like a few others I hurt myself jumping up and slapping the bug away.  I turned on all the lights and searched for the critter for hours.  Finally, I thought it must have been a dream.  But than it happened again, and I'm sure I was awake.  Still, I searched and searched.  Tore the bed apart and searched every corner.  I finally figured it's not real so the next time I was woke up I did not panic and tried to look clearly.  I swear it ran across my bed and up the wall.  When I turned on the lights, nothing there.  The next time, I tried closing one eye but I still saw it.  So I opened it and closed the other and still saw it exactly the same.  So, it seems unlikely it's actually my eyes.  But with both eyes closed, I did not see it either.  I'm constantly on my iPad many many hours a day, so I wonder if it could be eye strain of some kind?  Darn crazy and weird.
Thought that too at first.  But I really don't think so.  I do not get much REM sleep because of severe sleep apnea.  Also, if I do have a dream it is always a nightmare, I have significant PTSD.  I do wake up from them still asleep but know it.
Avatar n tn
my sister used to watch videos about slenderman and other creepypastas so she often sees hallucinations of slenderman and other things. it could be caused by anxiety of paranoid figures but another possibility could be that your getting either to much or not enough REM sleep so your body is being put in REM state before you are actually asleep.
This also happens to me. It seems to happen when I'm pregnant. And it's always a spider!!! The very first time I remember thinking it was coming down from the ceiling onto me and I literally fell out of bed 7 months pregnant. Now I'm pregnant again and it just happened.... I don't know what's causing it , it only happens when I wake up from a nap extremely still tired ... also it would happen when my baby was newborn I would wake up and hallucinate that's he was seizing and his eyes going back and forth...... it's very scary but it's definitely a hallucination. Maybe lack of sleep maybe malnutrition bc I'm also sick alot ....but seeing spiders crawling around waking up *****!!!! CREEPY CRAWLERS !!! I wish I new what it was so it would stop :(
Viewing 601-602 comments: