Sleep Disorders Community
Waking up and seeing Spider?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

Waking up and seeing Spider?

It has only happened twice.  it usually happens when I'm about to fall asleep and my eyes are closed.  Something causes me to open my eyes and there are the spiders.  First time they were crawling up  towards me on my covers, the second time they were on the ceiling I was looking at when I woke up. I looked this up and its very common, but still havent been able to find the cause.  One person said it could be sleep apnea, is this true? I haven't slept that much this week, for the fact that I had 3 exams(physician assistant school)
Lots of conditions can cause hallucinations. For me it was mercury poisoning. I saw a very friendly rat and it climbed up onto my bed. (I could hear it too.) I also kept seeing mice out of the corner of my eye. I used oral chelation and stopped eating five, one of my favorite foods.
hm, so I guess I need to figure out the cause, my best guess would be sleep apnea, it seems for most people its spiders.  crazy thing, is I'm not scared of spiders, year if I see one I'm not touching it, but there not like my biggest fears
Error in my last sentence. I meant to say I gave up eating "fish"....

Crazy thing is I hate rats but my hallucinatory rat seemed like a nice, clean pet. I did not realize it was a hallucination, and kept telling people that someone's pet rat had escaped. I have not heard of sleep apnea causing hallucinations. Could it do that if you were short of oxygen? My daughter has sleep apnea but no hallucinations.
Interesting for many years I've seen spiders also when I wake up... I use to jump out the way, but if I stare long enough you will see it unravel and disappear. Not a spider at all it's more like tangle stings coming down from the ceiling much like a spider. I know sounds crazy.
I've seen many things when I first wake up even a guy runny dribbling a basket ball toward me. I just closed my eyes reopened and he vanished.
But I'm experiencing something a bit different now. Everyday for a month I see geometric shapes then they became numbers like the matrix, now I see actual shapes and numbers every single morning. More to it but I don't feel like typing... Lol anyone else see this?