Sleep Disorders Community
Waking up during the night

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

Waking up during the night

Lately I have been waking up several times during the night and taking a while to get back to sleep.  I think it is caused by stress.  Is there anything I can do to make me stay asleep?
     Hi you may have Sleep Apnea, The reason why you are waking up maybe is you stop breathing, no problem go to your Doctor and ask him/her  to send you on a Sleep Study that will tell you what you have been expriencing,, You may be given a CPAP Machine (please look it up on the net CPAP) there is a lot of INFO to help you and learn about Sleep Apnea ,,  Hope i helped please Take care ..........Bob
Avatar dr f tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

You can give time to go through your worries or problems prior to sleeping, so that you can stop thinking about them when you wake up. You should stop becoming anxious and try to relax. Try to have a warm bath before sleeping. Have a glass of milk or read a book before trying to sleep. Don’t watch TV or do exercise before sleeping. Condition yourself that you can relax and that you can sleep well.

Also, avoid day time napping and exercise during daytime to promote good sleep.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.