Weight Gain
I am a 60 year old female that has gained 46 lbs in 18 months while taking an antidepressent.  My doctor has just changed me to Wellbutron XL.  Is it possible that this weight might just go away with the new meds or am I going to have to exercise and diet to get it off.  Not had any luck with that over the last few years.  He also put me on a sleep aid since I have not been getting proper rest.  I wake continuously during the night from vivid dreams and feel exhausted.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

You will have to work at losing the extra weight gain. To lose weight you have to either cut down the calories in your diet or increase the loss of calories through exercise. Sleep aids help to tide over temporary insomnia. Either way to most of the sedatives (sleeping tablets), people develop tolerance, that is they stop working very effectively with time. So, try to develop good sleep hygiene. Sleep and get up at the same time every day, avoid smoking, alcoholic and caffeinated beverages and exercise regularly.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.