Sleep Disorders Community
Weird dreams that cause me to wake up and freak out and nausea

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

For about a year i have experienced these weird feelings. Usually just when i sleep but sometimes i think about it in the day. Its almost like numbers but not exactly, it is too hard to explain but i will try my hardest I just want to know what is going on with me!

I would be dreaming, everything would be fine then i would feel like i got hurt, and it would hurt more than i can handle and then i would think about numbers, last night it was like a million and i was trying to get it to lower but it couldn't, i woke right up and i freak out like i start pacing around the room and when it starts to calm down i feel like throwing up and i get hot flashes and i just want to scream. the first time it happened was last year around thanksgiving i thought it was only because i wasn't getting enough sleep. it has happened 3 or 4 times since then and a few times a month i get a weird feeling in my head and i start thinking about it. it usually almost always has something to do with numbers, or having too much of something than i need. sometimes its like i dream about buying something and i don't have enough money for it and it makes me just freak out. nothing like this has ever happened to me before. i was wondering maybe its because i worry about money a lot. i'm not sure. most people if they start thinking about something it just goes away but when this happens to me i cant its like its stuck it wont go away and i keep thinking about it over and over again.

but the way i feel when i wake up it scares me so bad, like i cant handle the feeling anymore. im having a hard time explaining how it is because its very difficult to explain i dont know how to. it is so hard to explain. whenever it happened i try to explain to my boyfriend then i think about what i am saying and it is so hard for me it makes me sound stupid. i cant find anything online relating to what is going on with me.

i tried my hardest to explain, i'm not sure if this would make any sense to anybody. any help please?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Disorders related to dreaming could occur with REM sleep behaviour disorders. Here the person acts out the dreams. Your symptoms could also be due to  sleep disorders “Nightmare” or "Night terror" disorders . Here the person experiences symptoms of bad, frightening dreams which interfere with his sleep schedules. This is usually assessed by a set of questionnaires and the therapy is based on the severity of the disorder. I would advise you to discuss your symptoms with your primary care physician who may then refer you to a sleep specialist for further evaluation.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
I have this ! Kik me @candicemareee if you find out anything!