Why am I always falling asleep?
Hello.  I am a 17 year old, healthy, active female.  Within the last 2 months, I just randomly fall asleep.  I fall asleep at school, on the bus, at work, and at home.  Any time I am in a comfortable position no matter how hard I try to fight it, I fall asleep.  I have trouble falling asleep at night due to sleeping all day, and it is difficult for me to wake in the mornings.  I am also having bad mood swings, I think due to the sleep imbalance I am havings?  What's up Doc??
See your doctor. Maybe mono? Doc should run some blood tests to rule out usual things. May need a sllep study, but not so likely since it's been a specific time frame.
Hi shyster1990, how are you doing? You may be probably having sleep apnea which is a disability, caused by upper airway blockage during sleep resulting in no breathing for anywhere from 10 seconds to more than a minute and happens hundreds of times over a single night. Habitual snoring and gasping for breath during night is a usually earliest sign with excessive daytime sleepiness, fatigue, feeling unrefreshed, night sweats, morning dry mouth or sore throat and headaches. There may be a family history. Overweight, an overbite, a recessed chin, and a structurally abnormal airway, smoking, alcohol and sleeping pills can be some causes. Losing weight is one of the best things to do, avoid alcohol, smoking and sleeping on to your back. There are few devices to assist you sleep and in severe cases, a surgical correction can be done depending on the cause. You need to be regularly followed up with your attending sleep specialist.
Hi shyster1990, how are you doing? Hope you will get back to your normal sleep routine soon. You need to consult at a sleep center for sleep study and get the study assessed by the sleep specialist. You seem to be suffering with narcolepsy due to probably obstructive sleep apnea. Excessive daytime sleepiness, interferes with normal activities on a daily basis, whether or not a person with narcolepsy has sufficient sleep at night. You may have mental cloudiness, a lack of energy and concentration, memory lapses, a depressed mood, and/or extreme exhaustion, sudden loss of muscle tone that leads to feelings of weakness and a loss of voluntary muscle control. Hallucinations - usually, these delusional experiences are vivid and frequently they are frightening. Keep physically active and have a balanced diet. Take care and update.