Sleep Disorders Community
Why do I have night sweats from the waist down?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

I have night sweats about 4 times a week, but it is only from the waist down.  I wake up wet from the waist down.  This happens whether I shower before bedtime or not.  This happens with boxers on or in the nude.  I use one blanket.  The approximate temperature in the room during the night is 68 degrees F  and there is a fan on throughout the night.  I take fluoxetine every morning but i have been taking that for quite some time before the night sweats.  I have also had 'gas' constantly for the past few years despite many changes in diet (if that has anything to do with it at all).  i am a 24 year old male.  (I just graduated college and I am of my parents insurance or else I would see a doctor.  I won't have insurance until my job starts in August.)  Any ideas?  Thank you for reading this and I appreciate your help.