Woke up not knowing who my boyfriend was
This has Happened to me a few times in the past few weeks.
After falling asleep I wake up in a total panic. I don't know where I am.
I can't tell who my boyfriend is. I think I'm in danger. I have also got up to run from a "burning house" before.
The main thing about this is i am awake. I can recall all of this and once I snap out of it I realise how silly it is.
Any ideas how I can get this to stop or what is causing it. I don't take any medications and at times I do it I haven't been drinking.
Hello and hope you are doing well.
Sometimes in those phases where we are going to sleep or awakening from sleep, the consciousness is not fully awake. Like if you study the brain waves then, they will not show a complete wake pattern, hence the feeling of away from reality. But sometimes disorders related to dreaming could occur with REM sleep behaviour disorders. Here the person acts out the dreams. If symptoms persist I would advise you to discuss your symptoms with your primary care physician who may then refer you to a sleep specialist for further evaluation.
Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Hello , this similar story happened to me as well.
I was just taking a quick nap next to my boyfriend and I forgot he was with me so when i moved my arm i felt someone next to me and jumped out of bed screaming looking for the light switch. When i turned it on he was running towards me and i kept screaming then i finally snapped out of it. He says i was screaming and asking him who he was. I was so scared of sleeping again and so was he. This is the second time that it happened the first time i was by myself and got over it quickly.
I was just taking a quick nap next to my boyfriend and I forgot he was with me so when i moved my arm i felt someone next to me and jumped out of bed screaming looking for the light switch. When i turned it on he was running towards me and i kept screaming then i finally snapped out of it. He says i was screaming and asking him who he was. I was so scared of sleeping again and so was he. This is the second time that it happened the first time i was by myself and got over it quickly. What happened to me that i was confused and i did not recognize him. Should I be concered?