a mix of insomnia and hypersomnia
I think or rather I know that have insomnia. I usually have 2~4 hours of sleep a day. But sometimes I feel like my body shuts down in an instant, like for example and just watching tv, without any signs or feeling of drowsiness I just instantly fall asleep. I also noticed that if i have 2~4 hours of sleep, it feels like i slept for 8 hours but when I get around 5+ hours of sleep, i fell so tired that it looks like i didn't even sleep at all. whats wrong with me? is it normal? will this have a major impact in the future?
Hello and hope you are doing well.

It could just be that you are tired and need more sleep. Just give yourself more time to sleep/rest. If the symptoms still do not resolve, then you have to get assessed for sleep disorders. Certain sleep disorders like obstructive sleep apnea can cause disturbed sleep and hence the need to sleep more. And others like narcolepsy can cause excessive sleepiness per say.

If it persists or is troublesome consult your doctor for assessment.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.