Sleep Disorders Community
abnormal sleep schedule
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

abnormal sleep schedule

Im a 21 yr old male. I work second shift and when i get home its 11:30 so i ussually dont go to bed till later on (about 3am). so whenever i go to bed before midnight on weekends or on holidays i dont sleep more then about 4 hours then i have trouble getting back to sleep. anyway i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions thanks
Hello and hope you are doing well.

There is a circadian rhythm for all living organisms. It is a 24 hour cycle rhythm and the biological clock within that individual adapts to this rhythm. You have set your rhythm in a particular way which suits your modes of work. To change this it will have to be a gradual process. You will have to reset the rhythm. For e.g. if you want to start getting up earlier, you will have to sleep earlier by say one hour and set an alarm for the time you want to get up. Continue this for some time. Then reset by another hour and repeat the process. This way you can reset your biological clock.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Sleep Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank