Sleep Disorders Community
anxiety meds, lack of sleep, possible depression?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

anxiety meds, lack of sleep, possible depression?

hello everyone,
i have GAD with panic attacks. i was on klonopin .25 mg 2x day for 5 months. a couple of weeks ago i started to feel the anxiety and panic again so i increased my dosage to .5 mg 2 day. today is day 12. if some dont know, klonopin takes 2 weeks to reach a steady state, so im pretty close to it. my problem is that i have very bad sleep patterns since i've increased my dosage. i go to bed around 11 pm wake up at 3 am 6 am then 7 am. im constantly tossing and turning and feel like im always in a light sleep. i've also become very moody and snappy. i dont feel motivated to do anything or talk to anyone. klonopin can cause slight depression so im worried that im depressed but then again could it also be from lack of sleep? klonopin caused me some sleep disturbance when i first started taking it months ago but it didnt last long and i was moody or lazy or anything. please help me as to what you think is going on! thanks! -km
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi. I may be way off base with this, because I don't know the longevity or severity of your anxiety. But is there any chance your anxiety is either caused or exacerbated by a sleep disorder? It is not unusual for people with sleep disorders to exhibit symptoms of anxiety and depression. You may benefit from having a sleep study just to be sure. Please note I am not suggesting stopping your meds unless guided by your doctor. I am only suggesting that every possible cause be ruled out before resigning yourself to a lifetime of meds, or at least meds at a higher dose.
Blank
554442_tn?1221238825
For some reason your not hitting your deep sleep, and if I remeber right I think I read a while back that a study was done with those who take Klonopin and some never reached REM sleep.  Just wanted to give you that info.  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Sleep Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...