Sleep Disorders Community
benadyrl and and allergic reactions

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

benadyrl and and allergic reactions

does benadryl make you extremely dizzy and or have vertigo? does this mean you are alergic (allergic) to it?
  • Sleepp?? (1 replies):
    How come benadryl makes me pass out during the day but d...[more]
Hi, welcome to the forum, benadryl contains Diphenhydramine which is H1 Antagonist belonging to First Generation.

This drug is associated with marked sedation (feeling of sleepiness). It is associated with central nervous system side effects like confusion, disturbed coordination, dizziness, euphoria, excitation etc. It also has cardio vascular effects in the form of hypotension (low BP). This can further worsen the dizziness esp. when one is on medications for high BP or prior low BP condition.

Take medication at bed time which will help. Rise slowly from bed. This is not allergic reaction. Avoid skilled work like operating machinery, driving car when on benadryl. I suggest you to consult physician for further evaluation. Take care and regards.