Sleep Disorders Community
cannot relax
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

cannot relax

about 3 years ago I had severe insomnia...it got so bad I thought people were purposely making noise to keep me awake.  Now when im dosing off I think somebody is going to wake me up.....I took pills,  way too many.   I cannot sleep without taking everything I have to get this paranoid feeling I have stuck in my brain.  Ive went to numerous drs to no avail.  All they do is give me sleeping aids, and I know deep inside eventually they will kill me if I cannot beat this..any help would be appreciatted  lost in ny
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I'm just like you I can't sleep its been 18 days for me .. I been to docs tried medicine and no luck either Idk what eles I can do also.... This is horriable
Blank
What pills did you get?
Blank
I've tried triazolam hydroxcine hcl and ambein ... For sleep .. they help but not for long ... Less then 3-4 hrs for me .. wa u goin use
Blank
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Please stop using sleeping pills indiscriminately. Medical (sedatives) are given in the temporary initial phase of insomnia, this is combined with non medical measures like sleep hygiene, relaxation therapy, stimulus control, and sleep restriction which are referred to as cognitive behavioral therapies. As the non medical measures help to restore your sleep rhythm, the sedatives are withdrawn.

Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Insomnia is the preferred treatment for insomnia and a Harvard study in 2004 demonstrated it's at least as effective, if not more so, than medications and doesn't suffer the side effects or long term expense of medications.  

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Sleep Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank