can't sleep without sleep tablets
I have been suffering from not been able to go to sleep since last august I would go 2 three nights at at time without sleep, so I started taking supplements eg magnesium calcium' 5htp, and b complex but they don't seem to have helped so in October I went to the docter who put me on zopliclone 7.5mg they do help but I  don't want to get reply  on them to have a sleep although I can't go without sleep either so if I'm not asleep by 1 30am then I have to take one. What could be the problem stopping me sleeping I've tried allsorts herbal sleep aids  'meditating' listening to relaxing music etc. Eating foods that help sleep. I also have epilepsy which I have had for 20yrs so its hard coping with uncontrolled epilepsy and now not sleeping. Does any one else take zopliclone to help sleep I'm really nervous about becoming addicted to them but its either no sleep are take them can't win.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Zopiclone is prescribed to tide over the temporary phase of insomnia. This medication should not be used for more than 1 month. Either way to most of the sedatives (sleeping tablets), people develop tolerance, that is they stop working very effectively with time. So, try to develop good sleep hygiene. Sleep and get up at the same time every day, avoid smoking, alcoholic and caffeinated beverages and exercise regularly.

Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Insomnia is the preferred treatment for insomnia and a Harvard study in 2004 demonstrated it's at least as effective, if not more so, than medications and doesn't suffer the side effects or long term expense of medications.  

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Hi thankyou for your reply, I have been on the zopliclone since October but only took them when I have really needed to and only once took them two nights running as I don't want to get addicted to them. Since I wrote my post I stopped having caffeine from 2 pm and it does help I have slept better I have still had nights where I have not slept but can cope with the odd ones. I don't drink alcohol but could do with doing more exercise so that's my next step.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Good to see you are doing well. There is a circadian rhythm for all living organisms. It is a 24 hour cycle rhythm and the biological clock within that individual adapts to this rhythm. If you observe this rhythm, the transition happens gradually, like the daylight subsides slowly into darkness and the sounds too gradually mellow down into the night. These changes condition us and promote sleep. So, nearing bedtime, do not engage in activities like exercise or dancing or other means that can keep you active.

So, simply imbibe this and transcend to sleep normally/naturally

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.