chest pain
Currently I have been getting 3 hours of real sleep a night, have high blood pressure, stress and depression and anxiety at night.  I wake up in the morning exhausted and my heart beating fast.  When i get stressed, i have blurry vision, my bp shoots up.  My chest starts hurting and my stomach as well. Can a person die from sleep deprivation, high stress, high blood pressure and my cholestrol is high as well.  I read about Fatal familial insomnia, can i get that?  Can a person die from the things mentioned from above (like ur body stops functioning from no sleep for ur body to recover and high blood pressure, etc)? What can a person do to control stress efficiently?  
hi - anthony Fatal Familial insomnia runs in families - so if none of your relatives have it, it is unlikely to be this. Sleep deprivation can lead to heart problems, and stress is a real factor. I would suggest that you see your doc and get something to help you sleep - you may find that some of your other problems (stress / depression/ anxiety/ chest pain and sometimes even high blood pressure) go away when you are getting enough sleep.

Other practical but boring suggestions - regular bedtime, no evening caffeine, exercise, or late meals, a warm milky drink, meditation before bed, get up at the same time every day, minimise light  and noises, and keep the room at a comfortable heat.
I also read somewhere - that if you wake during the night you should get up and sit in a different room with low level lighting, and do nothing until you feel sleepy again, and return to bed. I have never managed this one - always get a book /tv/ internet - but this actually keeps me awake so i know its not good.
Hi Anthony,
Yes stress, high BP, high cholesterol, lack of sleep can be fatal. High BP, high cholesterol and stress are primary risk factor for cardiovascular disease and stroke. So please make efforts to keep your BP and cholesterol under control. No alcohol, no smoking, no fried food. Plenty of fruits, vegetables, and exercise. You need to sleep for atleast 6 hrs. Cut down your stress levels by breathing exercises and meditation. Hope it helps!