Sleep Disorders Community
choking at night, face flush, shortness of breath, shaking, chest feels...
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

choking at night, face flush, shortness of breath, shaking, chest feels heavy, Heart racing

I am 35, a smoker for the past  10years 6'6" 260 pounds. This past month i have woke from sleep twice, once for choking, the other time for no reason. In both experences. My chest felt heavy, so i cough so i can breath better. When i do that my face will flush, my heart rate beats very rapidly in my ears. It feels like my throat and neck tighten, I have to sit up a force myself to take slow long breaths It feel like a ran a mile and am trying to catch my breath thru a straw.. Symptoms last 5 to 10 minutes.when symptoms ease a bit my body starts to shake and i feel cold.

I went to the ER,The EMT thought i was having a heart attack. The doctors they told me it was a panic attack. Gave me meds for anxity then released me.

I have never had an anxity attack, or have a family history of the. I do however have alot of heart related issues in my family. My gut feeling is this needs to be looked into deeper. Can you help with some advice?