Sleep Disorders Community
danger to self/ others while driving

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

danger to self/ others while driving

ive started falling asleep while driving. Ive had a sleep study, they found that my o2 sats drop to 78% I was started on o2 @ 2 lpm.  However, I'm still falling asleep (dozing?) when I drive 50 miles to the next town.  Thank you, struble
Avatar dr f tn
How are you? What other symptoms are present and what diagnostic tests were done?  Hypoxemia, or low blood oxygen in the blood can be attributed to a variety of issues such as airway obstruction, anemia, medication side effect, congenital heart disease, pulmonary issues like COPD or interstitial diseases,  and sleep apnea. If you still fall asleep while driving, it is best that you avoid this activity and check with your doctor for proper management. Additional tests may also be indicated. Take care and do keep us posted.