Sleep Disorders Community
do I have sleep Paralysis or something?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

do I have sleep Paralysis or something?

Is this what I had?

I wasn't sleeping I was tired but I couldn't sleep I tried to sleep for about 2 hour then I was sitting wi ma phone then decided right try again to sleep and I opened my eyes and went to go to the toilet but I couldn't move my legs were like someone alone was sitting there and I struggled a little bit to breath but I was sweating and shacking then I had a quick blink and a little child am sure it was a girl ran around ma bed then she disapeared then I managed to move again I couldn't sleep for the rest or the morning and av still not had a wink of sleep am no sure what this was can someone please let me kehn so I have a ruff idea thanks
Physiological symptoms of sleep paralysis are the same with those of syncope. Thus, sleep paralysis is caused by syncope. For experts in cardiovascular diseases, sleep paralysis or syncope is a common symptoms of cardiovascular disease【1】. For a long time, due to the ignorance of physiological knowledge of syncope , ischemie cerebrale ,palpitations and so on, psychological illusion in people’s sleep generated by such physical symptoms i.e. the nightmare really has puzzled the psychologists, therefore they put forward a wide range of wrong even absurd views on the nightmares, which both have no scientific basis, and could not be confirmed, even more were not self-consistent. For example, a medical expert Debacke drew the correct conclusion that the anxiety-dream resulted from ischemie cerebrale according to the physiological symptoms of the anxiety-dream of a boy of thirteen. Freud called such view was a " medical mythology" in the book of Dream Psychology. Most important,the experiment confirmed the idea. For example, a place in country , there is a "haunted" bed which makes people have sleep paralysis or syncope every night, and it is this fact that the pillow in the bed is too high will reduce cerebral blood flow.                                         【1】 http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Sleep-Disorders/Nocturnal-fainting/show/11612
Just a guess, but I think you were dreaming that you were awake.  I have had dreams, vivid dreams in which I could not move.  Those I still remember were frightening dreams, or nightmares.  I do not have them often, but I do dream every night and I can move in my dreams.  

My personal interest in this Community is my problem with trouble mares - not night mares.  I believe a solution is to become Lucid when dreaming, that is know you are dreaming when you are.  This is a field of interest and study by itself.  You may find something in that field that will help you deal with the situation you describe in this post.
There are two main types of scary phenomenons in sleep(nightmare and sleep paralysis) that are caused by two main scary symptoms of cardiovascular disease {palpitation and fainting (syncope)}.
I have also experienced something similar. I woke up and could not move. No matter how hard I try. I couldn't speak to call out so someone for help. I had to concentrate all my will power to curling my toes on my feet and do it constantly . I don't really remember how i got to go back to normal. just a feeling of sudden rush of blood in my head