Sleep Disorders Community
dry mouth and dry sinus

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

dry mouth and dry sinus

I have recently in the past few months been experiencing dry mouth and dry sinus when sleeping. I drink water and that helps temporarily. But every time I lay down and sleep for any amount of time it happens. I have Type 11 diabetes and the sugar levels are ok, besides I have not had this before. I woke up last night and whatever the part of the sinus that drains into your throat was so dry it was swollen and irritated. I spoke with my pharmacy about the meds I have been only recently prescribed (metformin,and simvastin) and they said that this was not their side effects.
Tags: dry mouth and dry sinus
Have you considered investing in a humidifier? They can make a huge difference as far as dry mouth goes when it comes to sleeping. Especially if you sleep with your mouth open.

They can be pricy, but I have this one. It works great and is relatively affordable https://www.cpapoutlet.ca/ProductInfo/1124/DeVilbiss-IntelliPAP-Heated-Humidifier