fear
I am just wondering, I have noticed there are alot of people seeing spiders in their sleep. Do some of you have a fear of spiders? I have a terrible fear of mice and I feel them in my bed sometimes, often waking up kicking  and there is nothing. I wonder if this has something to do with things that we fear most. I also have woke up to people standing over me and feel as if I am wide awake. Last night I saw a green, almost glowing figure of a man standing over my husband which startled me, then I realized there was nothing there. I am very interested to know what can cause these things.
It does depend on Your belief. Some people believe that dreams can hold meaning while others put it down to the way Your mind works.
I believe that it is a thought You are having due to Your fear but it really depends on what You believe in. There are a lot of websites that will translate dreams to You and their meanings online.
I'm trying to figure out the same thing. I don't have a severe fear of spiders, but I really don't like them. I've been having this recurring dream that I wake up and see a softball sized spider crawling on my blanket. My husband usually wakes me up when I start screaming. Last week I jumped up onto my knees and screamed at the top of my lungs. Another time he caught me trying to smash the spider with my blanket. I wish it would stop! LOL
Awwww, I think it Might help if You looked on a dream translation website. It might help give you some understanding and you can choose what to believe or what not to believe. There is another post simliliar to your also on this forum
You may have something there.  At the core of what we have anxiety or fear over and on the opposite end, what we admire and put a lot of value on, seem to affect the way we perceive things in our dreams.

I had another spider dream overnight.  I was aware of it when I woke up during the night.  The spiders vary in appearance with my dreams.  This time they were like small daddy long-legs, very thin, but lots of them behind me and  I was swatting at them.

I do not like spiders and have been teased over that because "I am bigger than them".  I usually say, "but they are creepy".  So for me, they have a negative connotation.

Also for me to take someone else's interpretation that, for example, means--creativity wouldn't fit as I see them as an inconvenience that I have to get rid of them. I am not happy to find them.  I try to rationalize that they are necessary to help in the chain of life and occasionally I have capture to release them outside (not in the winter).

I also believe dreams can contain warnings as well as be ways of releasing things for healing.  Dreams have intrigued many for centuries.  I try not to focus too much on them.  Years ago, I journaled.  Some dreams have had elements of things that came to be.

Some dreams seem to reflect the struggle for answers to questions we are asking.

Fascinating and important whether we remember them or not.  Bottom line:  my interpretation for this dream I had overnight is that some fears are lessening but not gone completely yet.  Previous dreams were such that the spiders were before me (in front) whereas these were behind me.  My thinking recently has included new ways of viewing things therefore the understanding of the fears are lessening. Also that I am aware of them and don't want them to over take me (represented by the amount of spiders seen).
.......
If others are interested in interpreting their dreams, I believe they must make the connections and find their own meanings.  Not that there are not similar meanings, but that there isn't a one size fits all.