Sleep Disorders Community
fighting only when someone is in bed with you

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

HAS ANYBODY ELSE NOTICED THAT YOU ONLY OR AT LEAST 99.9% OF THE TIME PHYSICALLY FIGHT FROM YOUR DREAMS WHEN SOMEONE YOU ARE COMFORTABLE OR FEEL SAFE WITH IS IN BED WITH YOU? I HAVE BEEN SINGLE FOR MANY YEARS AND HAVE PRETTY MUCH STOPPED FIGHTING IN MY SLEEP EXCEPT SOMETIMES ITS MOST COMMON WHEN ITS THAT TIME OF THE MONTH ALWAYS WITH THE NIGHTMARES YET LAST NIGHT I HAD COMPANY AND FELT SO AT PEACE YET I HAD THE TYPICAL INSCURE NIGHTMARE WHICH WAS FOLLOWED WITH VILONCE BUT USUALLY IN BED BY MYSELF I RARELY FIGHT AND YELL BUT LAST NIGHT I THREW A PUNCH FORTUNITLY I DID NOT HIT HIM AND HIT THE BED BUT WHEN I WAS MARRIED IT SEEMED LIKE I WAS ALWAYS FIGHTING AND MOST OF THE TIME HE CAUGHT THE BRUNT OF IT UNLESS I WAS ON MY STOMACH AND THEN BEATING UP AND CUSSING THE PILLOW.  DOES ANYONE HAVE THIS PROBLEM ON A REGULAR BASIS WHEN THEY DON'T HAVE SOMEONE IN BED SLEEPING WITH THEM?  I FEEL LIKE IT'S JUST ME.   I WAS VERY SCARED LAST NIGHT AND I HAVEN'T BEEN VILONET IN BED IN YEARS UNTIL SOMEONE SPENT THE NIGHT CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE GIVE ME SOME INSIGHT!! IF I FIND SOMEONE AGAIN I DON'T WANT TO HURT THEM OR SLEEP IN ANOUTHER BED!! IS IT THAT BECAUSE I FELT I WAS SAFE WITH THAT PERSON THAT IN  MY NIGHTMARE IT WAS OK TO FIGHT FOR REAL?  I WOKE UP IMMEDIATLY AND WAS HELD TIGHT AND NOTHING ELSE HAPPENED BUT I WAS SCARED AGAIN.  MARRIAGE WAS VERY DIFFICULT BECUASE OF MY NIGHTMARES AND THE SLEEP WALKING, TALKING, EATING. AND WHO KNOWS WHAT ELSE...ANYBODY GOT SOMETHING PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????
Tags: fighting, dreams, safe, SLEEP FIGHTING, SLEEPING WITH SOMEONE AND FIGH, BAD DREAMS N FIGHTING, WOMEN AND PERIODS AND NITEMARE, Menstrual periods, PARTNER IN BED FIGHTING, When?, PEOPLE TRYING TO HURT YOU, FIGHTING BACK IN DREAMS, DREAM FIGHTING IN REALITY
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Understand your predicament. Sleep walking/talking are referred to as parasomnias. They are a category of sleep disorders in which abnormal events occur during sleep. occurs in about 15% of children. In this disorder the child is not aware of his actions. This is because of the poor development of the sleep/wake cycle. Areas of the brain that deal with mobility are active, while the areas that deal with cognition and awareness are sleeping, hence the child sleep walks/talks.

But in adults it could be associated with stress, anxiety or other sleep disorders. Sleep deprivation and stress are known to aggravate these symptoms. So, check to see if episodes of stress are triggering these events. Also, if you are alone and these events occur, you may not remember them in the morning. But if you have a bed partner, he is likely to remember.

Follow good sleep hygiene measures. Go to bed early almost at the same time every day, wake up at the same time, avoid smoking, alcohol, caffeinated beverages and exercise regularly. Try to reduce stress, this might reduce the occurrence of episodes.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.