Sleep Disorders Community
freaked out!!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

freaked out!!!

had a dream last night dont really remember much about it all i do remember is it woke me up about 5 times and as soon as im a sleep again its the same dream. then i would try to wake up or even just move and i couldnt. felt so wired and it and it really freaked me out.. all day i have not felt right. still have that freaked out feeling (like someones behind you and when you turn around no ones there)   i get them a lot and i cant move in them or breath have the time. could that mean anything or amy i just losing my mind??
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The symptoms you are experiencing could be due to an entity called sleep paralysis. When this happens in sleep the person has difficulty moving his hands or feet. This is the symptom of a sleep disorder called Narcolepsy. This sleep disorder is characterized by excessive day time sleepiness, sleep paralysis, cataplexy where the person has episodes of loss of muscle function while awake, hypnogogic hallucinations and automatic behavior. You will need to consult your primary care physician, who may schedule you for a polysomnogram (sleep test) to rule out sleep disorders and initiate appropriate therapy.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.

I just thought I'd give my input as well...I've experienced sleep paralysis many times ever since I started college but have never had any symptoms of further sleep problems or narcolepsy. It turns out, after doing pretty extensive research, that sleep paralysis can happen alone without being brought on by a sleep disorder. It can be brought on by stress, an off-balance sleep schedule or lack of sleep, and other things which can throw off your sleep cycle. I have found ways to prevent it and when I do have to do things that cause it (pull an all-nighter for finals, drink caffeine late, etc.) I have learned to recognize it for what it is when it happens and let it run its course. If you don't panic, you probably won't feel wired and upset the next day.
it definitely sounds like sleep paralysis i've had this for years....don't worry there is help and you will start to control it but you have to know what to do....no, you do NOT need Doctors and no you do NOT need any meds...and no you are NOT crazy...there are many people who experience this just like you.

Please visit my youtube channgel: InsaniTeesintl or LeoniEwithanE - see my playlist either: 11:11awakening or Conspiracies its in one of those you will find vids called lucid dreams, and so much more on the dream state and how to control it.

email me there if you need any more help but listen when I tell you I WAS JUST LIKE YOU but now my sleep paralysis are becoming less & less and I'm constantly winning - you can do this...take control of your dreams...remember, we control the dream world and you will win!

Until next time

LeoniEwithanE