Sleep Disorders Community
frequent dreams

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

frequent dreams

I've been have frequent vivid dreams in the recent few months and it's been a recurring problem for about 5 years. The dreams affects the quality of my sleep. I always remember the outline of my dreams and what happens in them. The weird thing is that my dreams don't really reflect on what I'm thinking during the day, they are usually really random and bizzare sequence of events filled with people I've encountered in my life(classmates, friends, relatives), and those people can appear in my dream without any logical explainations, like my grandmother could appear together with my university friend which is just very strange. I'm in university right not and wouldn't say that I'm under a lot of stress, however I do find myself overthink a lot on various things in my life. Could anyone shed some light on what kind of sleeping problem I might have or explain the unusual content of my dreams?
I suggest your read the work on Lucid Dreaming by

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_LaBerge

I read a book and listened to the included audio CD many times, by LaBerge, Sanford University.

The system suggested by Stephen may help you take charge of your dreams, seems like a reasonable goal. It hasn't worked for me, but I haven't tried very hard, and the idea of being "more" awake and conscious of one's surroundings can add quality to our awake times.  Like being serious about photography, it is seeing more clearly.

If you know your are dreaming then you already have Lucid control, if now you may want to try Stephen's method.