Sleep Disorders Community
half awake half asleep dream

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

half awake half asleep dream

It felt so real.i was so sure it wasn't a dream. A woman entered our room last night and sitted beside my husband asking for help,I was so sleepy so i dozed off and didn't hear what it was all about,all i know is that she's asking for a certain help. A few minutes later my son climbed to bed beside me which woke me up, I immediately asked my husband what the woman wanted and he was just so scared because there wasn't anyone who entered our room.What does it mean?
could mean many things. A common thing discussed in here is Sleep paralysis. But.... You would have to be paralyzed in that moment. (your tekst does not explain if you where).- But if so look it up.
Not saying it cant be anything else. Just know I suffer from sleep paralyze from time to time, so thats what ive kinda studied for myself.

Its a state where your mind is still dreaming while your conscious.
So while you can open your eyes and not move, you are full aware that your actually awake. You can look around in the room and recognize your surrounding.
Yet your dreams can enter here. Mostly it tends to be visions that fright us.
Shadow creature, or someone trying to harm us.
Doesnt sound that violent with you so might not be.

could also be you simply thought you where awake.

But try looking up sleep paralysis and see if it makes any sense.

If I didnt know what it was before a certain incident occurred I would have thought I was about to be abducted haha.

I woke to a bright light, and a humming noise with a grey man with arched back (typical alien) standing beside my bed. Scary a hell, but vanished quickly. (1-2 minutes)
I had something similar thing happen once when i had taken a sleeping pill and i was asleep woke up i am pretty sure and my Mom walked into my room calling my name and said, why haven't you packed yet? i fell back asleep as i was so dozy on the sleeping pill and when i woke up i asked my boyfriend what my Mom wanted and why was she here. He was confused. Because i don't life with my Mom for many years and she was never at our house. I laughed off as it must have been a dream but i am so sure in my heart that i was awake. I put it down to the sleeping pill and haven't thought much about it since but maybe it wasn't the sleeping pill if you had it too. Hmmm if it happens again you may want to talk to your doctor.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Disorders related to dreaming could occur with REM sleep behavior disorders. Here the person acts out the dreams. He may actually feel that the dream is reality. This is usually assessed by a set of questionnaires and the therapy is based on the severity of the disorder. Also, a sleep study may be indicated. I would advise you to discuss your symptoms with your primary care physician who may then refer you to a sleep specialist for further evaluation.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
So last night around 1:30 I stay In A treatment centre in prince Albert Saskatchewan called valley hill you treatment centre. I was woken up by a dream, i was dreaming of Jesus & asteroids, When Jesus told me ''I was crazy'' I woke up, as i tried to sleep again I was half dreaming & half asleep, Something pulled me off me bed, I couldn't see what it was, It was like invisible, I got pulled to the corner of my door, I tried to scream for help to the security guard but nope, no one was there it was pitch dark everywhere, So I went to my friends room crawled on her bed beside her, & suddenly I woke up in my own bed, I knew I wasn't sleeping or dreaming It seemed so real, I cried, went to the living room sat there, when durelle & bradly came to me they asked what was wrong i couldnt help but cry & when I told them they hugged me, the security guy came over & asked the same thing her went to my room & he told my if i wanted a different room & of coarse I said yes my Room was 144, my new room is 133. when my dad comes for a visit on Friday, I'm gonna get him to bless the building, he's been a priest since he was married at age 26, he is now 52.
-Janice Custer