Sleep Disorders Community
half awake hallucinations

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

half awake hallucinations

here for the past 3 months i've had problems sleeping and it always happens the same way. i cant sleep for a long time at night, and when i finally doze off i dont get all the way asleep and i have "dreams" i guess that feel so real and stressful, usually the same dream everytime. i'll think im in my bed the exact same way i was sitting when i was fully conscious and ill see spider webs unfolding all around me and a tarantula in the middle and i'll actually sit up and yell out and awake again and it happens over and over. any help??

This discussion is related to Bizarre Waking "Dreams," Half Asleep/Half Awake.
Tags: sleep
Avatar dr f tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The symptoms you are experiencing could be due to an entity called hypnogogic hallucinations. When this happens, the person experiences hallucinations. This is the symptom of a sleep disorder called Narcolepsy. This sleep disorder is characterized by excessive daytime sleepiness, sleep paralysis, cataplexy where the person has episodes of loss of muscle function while awake, hypnogogic hallucinations and automatic behavior. You will need to consult your primary care physician, who may schedule you for a polysomnogram (sleep test) to rule out sleep disorders and initiate appropriate therapy.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.