Aa
A
A
Close
hearing violins when I'm trying to sleep
This started about a month ago. I was laying in bed trying to sleep when I started to hear a violin, playing an f# to a g (i have perfect pitch) back and forth with no apparent rhyme or reason. I normally can't sleep with light or sound, and this went on for a good two hours before I finally managed to fall asleep. I can only hear it from my right ear, whether it's against a pillow or not. This only happened at night when I'm laying down, but it's progressed to continuing if I get out of bed for a bit after laying down. Goes on for about an hour. Can't see the family doctor until three weeks, wondering if anyone has suggestions or knows about this. Thanks in advance!
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
I'm wondering if it could be tinnitus.  That's something you can google, and see if it fits what you are experiencing.  If that's what it is, I believe the most common remedy is to play some kind of neutral background noise while trying to fall asleep.  Some people use a white noise generator or simply play a radio with the tuner set between two stations.  Learning self-hypnosis would be another possibility.  But since it came on suddenly, maybe it will go away.  Good luck.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Thank you for your quick response. I will take a look at tinnitus!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Sleep Disorders Community Resources