Sleep Disorders Community
i only sleep a few hours everyday

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

i only sleep a few hours everyday

Hi there i m 18 years old. I used to sleep around 10-12 hours everyday. Let me give you an example: I was staying awake until 2-3 a.m and then i would wake up around 2-3 p.m. But something happened now and i only sleep 3-4 hours a day.. Another example: Last Friday i slept at 1 a.m and i woke up at 4 a.m :SS. Then i decided to stay awake until yesterday night around 11 p.m , that means i was awake for 18 hours so i guessed i would sleep well. And again i slept around 11:30 p.m yesterday and i woke up at 3:30 a.m today. Whats going wrong with me?:S
your behaviour is too odd.try to involve in doing heavy work at noon and eening such as washing clothes , cleaning articles,this will strain you and u will get into deep sleep.go to bed early after work.i hope this works and this treatmnt is sufficient for a week.this will habituate u for further days.
I agree with the above poster, your body clock is out of whack and you need to get in some regular pattern.

Best wishes

Angie
Hi, welcome to the forum, you seem to have insomnia due to sleep maintenance problems tend to be associated with stress, anxiety, or circadian rhythm sleep disorders. Insomnia and depression goes hand in hand.  Your symptoms may be due to Shift of work or sleep cycle due to late night work, parties etc. You need to make routine for sleeping time and getting up.

Insomnia may also be associated with sleep disorders (e.g., sleep apnea, periodic limb movements), medical conditions that cause pain, psychiatric diseases (e.g., anxiety, depression), or the use or withdrawal of alcohol, nicotine, or other substances.

You need to go for morning exercises and work out which will make you fresh and active all day and tiredness at the end of day will help you to induce sleep naturally. Comfortable bed, warm bath before bed, warm milk sometime before bed, fragrance, mild music and proper ventilation of room will help you.

If you are having depression and anxiety you should try relaxation methods and share your feelings with someone close. Stress management techniques will help you.

Pharmacological therapy includes short course of appropriate sedatives and Hypnotics against prescription. Non-benzodiazepines are effective in delayed onset sleep disorder and help to initiate the sleep.

I suggest you to consult physician. Take car and regards