Sleep Disorders Community
i see spiders at night

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

i see spiders at night

i see spiders at night with open eye at the wall or coming on me.but when i try to reach them i see that they are not actual. so can u help me why am i seeing spiders?
I'm no sleep expert, but I do know that in the phase between sleep and waking some people regularly have hallucinations.  You feel like you're fully awake but actually your brain is already starting to go to sleep (or starting to wake up).  You don't need treatment for it unless it's so bad you're too scared to go to sleep.  Which it may well be if you really don't like spiders!  I don't imagine it would be very pleasant.  I hallucinate (for other reasons) and I usually get pretty scared...
If it's really bothering you you'd have to see a doctor.  I don't know what the treatments are.  
Not sure,but would for sure see a DR and tell them what is happening. Are you on any Medications? Could be a side affect such as Hallucinations, etc..Just be honest with the DR so they can get you help in the right direction
Hi. Can you elaborate your experiences and describe the situation maybe? For example, does this happen after you wake up from sleep?
THANKS FOR UR SUGGESTIONS
I see spiders at night as well...
i see spiders sometimes at night that arent really there so does my boyfriend but i just relate that to dreaming that u cant remember and the dream waking u up but other times ive woke up from sleep and i have been awake and woke my boyfriend up by shouting or being scared of something in the room usually its people i see and sometimes or most times its not pleasent i dont kniw if its a whild imagination or the fact that there r things there?
This has been happening to me since I was a child and it's a spider 90% of the time. Other bugs and once or twice a bird which I actually thought were real. As an adult I know it's fake and just blink a few times and wait it out. That said, I'd love to know WHY!  Have no neurologists seen these posts?  I'm amazed it's spiders for somany people.
I see spiders in my bed just as I'm dosing off to sleep this has happened about 3 or 4 tyms now but I haven't told anyone , at first I thought it was stress coz my husband was in afghanistan, but it happened again yesterday and he's been back months !  
I have screamed aloud in my sleep eventhough i do not know i have done it. My mum will come in my room and wake me. I have seen a massive spide ron the ceiling but it cant be real because it is really big like a foot in diameter. and I have seen floating jellyfish spiders. I know it not real and im starting to get used to it but I think it is night terrors. Not sure what is causing it.
I am seeing things too when I wake up out of a sleep. They look spiider like but i know they are not spiders. They move backward and dissappear into the ceiling..i believe there is  something un nztural going on. I know what I am seeing is real. And now I realize others are seeing it also
This is so crazy. I thought I would google to see why this happens to me and am very surprised I am not the only one. I will see a spider coming down from the ceiling and slide under the covers to get out of bed and turn on the light and nothing it there. Also, last night I saw one going up the wall and after blinking a few times it was going. I really wish I knew why this was.
I used to have this problem quite frequently until I had a sleep study done and realized that I had severe sleep apnea. I am using a C-pap machine now and haven't had it happen once. I was told to do this test by Dr.'s several times, but I was so sure that I didn't have a problem. Turns out I was slowing down or stopping breathing almost 80 times per night. I believe that the "spiders" were just from lack of oxygen and interrupted sleep.  Hope this helps someone.