insomia
Every night, no matter what time I go to sleep, I can only sleep 6 hours. I wake up and cannot go back to sleep. I will toss and turn, but eventually have to get up and go to work. It is hard to work all day not feeling rested. I have been to docs and tested for sleep apnea which they said that I do have, have the cpap, but same old problem. Seems like the docs are not listening to me. Forget sleeping pills, they make you feel groggy in the morning which defeats the purpose. I would love to find a doc that really cares to help me. Any suggestions?
I can't help on the doctor part, and I worry I may have to use a CPAP one of these days, I have not yet done a sleep study, but if I keep complaining to tmey Primary Care he may suggest it.. my annual physical is coming up, I'll ask then.

I offer in case you over looked any.
1) Physical activity, exercise if necessary, but not just before bed time
2) Bedroom dark, quiet, right temperature
3) Eat nothing for 4 hours before bed time, no caffeine at all
4) Get lots of bright light during the day, if you work at a desk, get a real bright desk lamp
5) Check your worries at bed time, if you can't see a psychiatrist, just another kind of doctor.
6) Maybe you don't need 8 hours sleep, I think I don't get more than 6 horus sleep and I do okay during the day.  I'm now retired which doesn't help me sleep, but when younger I didn't sleep much more that 6 per 24.