Every night, no matter what time I go to sleep, I can only sleep 6 hours. I wake up and cannot go back to sleep. I will toss and turn, but eventually have to get up and go to work. It is hard to work all day not feeling rested. I have been to docs and tested for sleep apnea which they said that I do have, have the cpap, but same old problem. Seems like the docs are not listening to me. Forget sleeping pills, they make you feel groggy in the morning which defeats the purpose. I would love to find a doc that really cares to help me. Any suggestions?
I can't help on the doctor part, and I worry I may have to use a CPAP one of these days, I have not yet done a sleep study, but if I keep complaining to tmey Primary Care he may suggest it.. my annual physical is coming up, I'll ask then.
I offer in case you over looked any.
1) Physical activity, exercise if necessary, but not just before bed time
2) Bedroom dark, quiet, right temperature
3) Eat nothing for 4 hours before bed time, no caffeine at all
4) Get lots of bright light during the day, if you work at a desk, get a real bright desk lamp
5) Check your worries at bed time, if you can't see a psychiatrist, just another kind of doctor.
6) Maybe you don't need 8 hours sleep, I think I don't get more than 6 horus sleep and I do okay during the day. I'm now retired which doesn't help me sleep, but when younger I didn't sleep much more that 6 per 24.
Copyright 1994-2016 MedHelp International. All rights reserved.
MedHelp is a division of Aptus Health.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.