insomnia from medication
I have started to have sleep problems since I when on a new medication called zeldox. Gradually I would sleep for less and less. It got to the point that I would take 3-4 hours to fall asleep and only sleep for 4/5 hours a night. I stopped the zeldox and now I can't sleep at all.
I have tried melatonin 10mg at night but it didn't work. I tried many over the counter sleep aids but they do not work.
Anyone have ideas what can help me sleep?
I read that you can drink gatorade to help your body produce endorphins again after being on medication and it stopping producing them. I might try although I don't know if it will work.
i might add that even though I don;'t sleep at night. I haven't felt tired during the day. I just feel a little weird when I get out of bed but it goes away in 15 minutes and I am wide awake. I don't understand how it seems like I don't need sleep right now.
You should discuss these symptoms with your doctor that prescribed the meds.  You should also be very careful of what you take while on it, even over the counter meds and supplements as there can be interactions.  
Your sleep problem can be the meds or the condition you take them for.  Let your doctor regulate whatever you take.