Sleep Disorders Community
moving in sleep

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

moving in sleep

am 26 and a hairdresser .i keep moving in my sleep kicking moving covers talking a wee bit. My fiancee dose not sleep well with me he had to sleep on sofa just to get some sleep . Its starting to get to both of us can you help?
Could be Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS) and/or Periodic Limb Movement Disorder (PLMD). PLMD is generally diagnosed by a sleep study. There are meds, and it would depend on how fractured a study showed your sleep to be whether to risk the side effects of the meds or not. Also, having your Ferritin Level checked may reveal it is on the lower side of normal. It is recommended those with movement disorders keep their level higher in the normal range.