my 3 year old wont sleep
my 3 year old wont go to sleep in her bed every time i put her in bed she screams and shouts and kicks out and cries on and on. at first i thought it was because she didnt have her night light or telly on but when i turned them on she still carried on. i have to have her with me untill she falls asleep wich is normally 2 hors past her bed time. what could be scaring her so much she wont sleep in her bed?
or what can i do to help her sleep?
please help
Remove the TV and have a night light on, make sure she is tired, if she sleeps during the day she wont be. Be consistant and dont have her in your bed, even if she yells  once she realises you wont allow it she will give up, she is getting mixed messages .I dont think she is scared she hasnt got a regular sleep routine. read her some stories before bed, TV stimulates remove it,, so have some nice quiet music on in her room .soothing and pleasant .
Hi, welcome to the forum, your child seems to have chronic or idiopathic insomnia. It starts in childhood, onset of sleep problems tend to be associated with stress, anxiety, or circadian rhythm sleep disorders.

They may also be associated with sleep disorders (e.g., sleep apnea, periodic limb movements), medical conditions that cause pain, psychiatric diseases (e.g., anxiety, depression).

The investigations which will help to diagnose the type and cause for insomnia are Polysomnography, Multiple sleep latency test and Actigraphy.

The therapy for this condition includes retaining of normal circadian rhythm by non-pharmacological therapy which includes; Photo therapy, maintenance of sleep hygiene.
See her tummy is full before sleep, avoid day sleeping, play with her so that she sleep at the end of day due to tiredness, avoid any sound or noise disturbance in room, keep proper ventilation.

Psychotherapy can also help him to learn how to cope and deal with the various stressors in her life. Do not worry, follow the above mentioned methods and the symptoms will alleviate. I suggest you to consult sleep specialist or child psychiatrist. Take care and regards.