need help with my 8 year old son.
So my 8 year old son has had 4 sleep study been diagnosed with sleep apea, with narcoleptic symptoms. He sleeps all the time and has cataplexy episodes. He is over weight (142lbs) and eats healthier than most children. He is always tired so he don't do too much active stuff though I am constantly encouraging him to go ride his bike or got to the park. He has been on a cpap machine for 6 months with no improvement. And we just got labs done thyroid is normal but has a cholesterol of 220 and his liver enzymes are elevated one of them is double what they are supposed to be. Something else is going on but I don't know what. Someone please help me figure this out.
Sorry I can't help, but I wonder why the doctor(s) handling the sleep apna having given you a path forward.  I understand the CPAP is a big help for obstructive sleep apnea but do not have any experience with narcoleptic - is that the reason for the CPAP?

Hope others can be more help, but your doctors have to be your source of an answer.
He does have sleep apea but he also has narcolepsy. He falls asleep in 2 mins or less every 2 hrs and has cataplexy triggered by excitement
Sorry I can't be of more help.

There are two types of sleep apnea: obstructive (most common) and central (less common and not treated with CPAP, I believe).  That is the basis of my concern about discussion with the doctor on the CPAP.  In any case, I am not arguing with anything your doctor has prescribed, and sadly I have no knowledge on narcolepsy to share.