Sleep Disorders Community
new to zoloft
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

new to zoloft

Hi,

I started taking zoloft 50 mg just recently for occasional panic attacks. I also take melatonin 3 mg since I am a night shift nurse and have a difficult time sleeping after work. Ever since starting the medications, I am having constant bloody noses (3-4 per week). Yesterday, I was watching a movie and my gums started to bleed randomly. I spit out a couple table spoons of blood. Anyone else experienced this? I asked the doctor and she said not to worry about it with no further follow up. This has been going on for several weeks. Is it time for a second opinion? This is getting kind of old.
Hi,
How are you? What other symptoms are present? One of the rare side effect of zoloft is nose bleeding or epistaxis ( ref: http://www.webmd.com/drugs/mono-8095-SERTRALINE+-+ORAL.aspx?drugid=35&drugname=zoloft+oral&pagenumber=6)
If it has been there for a long time and other symptoms are present, you can discuss this with your attending physician for a change in medication or you can have another doctor's opinion or be referred to an ENT. Repeated nosebleeds may also be a symptom of another disease such as high blood pressure, allergies, a bleeding disorder, or even  a tumor of the nose or sinuses. Further evaluation will help rule these out. Take care and do keep us posted.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Sleep Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank