Sleep Disorders Community
night seizuers

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

night seizuers

Is night seizures classified as a sleep dissorder?
Hi tryntje1929, how are you? Are you suffering from seizures or someone else? Can you describe some more details regarding the seizure activity to know better? Sleep deprivation can be one of the triggers for seizure activity. It need not always happen at night. You may consult a neurologist for complete check up and investigations including a sleep study. Take care and share your thoughts.
Hi tryntje. My son is having some sort of seizure like spells when he goes to sleep. His Neurologist has ordered an MRI and an EEG. If you are having seizures at night it could be benign seizures that happen to be brought on by sleep in your case (according to my son's Neurologist it may be in his case_) But I would definately get checked out about it. Its possible some medical condition could be causing it. Including a breathing problem when you sllep, a lack of Oxygen can bring on seizure episodes when you sleep.A sleep study can be helpful to diagnose apnea or other seizure triggers
Hi tryntje1929, how are you doing? Hope you would have consulted a physician regarding your concern. I do agree with momoftwo74 advising on necessary investigation and evaluation from a neurologist. You need to visit a sleep specialist to see if there is any sleep deprivation and abnormal pattern, which might be a common trigger. Do update on your progress and share your thoughts. Take care.
Hi tryntje1929, how are doing? Well it is sometime heard from you. Hope you are doing better now? Also would have sleeked some medical care from your doctor and have got investigated probably? An EEG and MRI brain would be necessary to know the seizure activity. Your doctor might brief you more on the precautions that you need to keep in mind while on work or driving. Take care and update on your progress.