Sleep Disorders Community
no dreams no nightmares just blankness?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

no dreams no nightmares just blankness?

ok so i havent been dreaming or having nightmares all i see is blackness and i dont know why it just started happening a few days ago but now i cant dream at all and im worried, how can i unblock my dreams?
Tags: dreams
Related Discussions
Hello and hope you are doing well.

During sleep, the body cycles between non-REM and REM sleep. Typically, people begin the sleep cycle with a period of non-REM sleep followed by a very short period of REM sleep. Dreams generally occur in the REM stage of sleep.

A lot of studies are going on to study the importance of REM sleep, which is the dream phase of sleep. Psychologists generally agree that achieving the dream state of sleep is a critical element for maintaining good mental health. Conversely, depriving ones self from dreaming can cause a number of adverse health problems, including fatigue, reduced immune system efficiency, heart disease and mental health issues including delusions and severe cognitive reasoning deficits.

Only a sleep study can help see if you are having a REM phase or not.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Sleep Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank