Sleep Disorders Community
nortriptyline

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

nortriptyline

can I break open nortriptyline and put it in a food and swallow it
Hi, It is not advisable to open nortriptyline, Consider alternative
tricyclic
If you have difficulty swallowing pills, talk to your doctor about prescribing liquid medications for you. Some medications already come in a liquid form, and others can be "compounded" into a liquid by a special pharmacist called a "compounding pharmacist." I take a medication in the same family as nortriptyline, and mine is compounded into liquid so I can take it through my feeding tube. There are other alternate formulations of medications that can help people who can't swallow pills, such as transdermal patches, nasal sprays, injections, and suppositories. I can't say whether these are available for that particular medication, but it's definitely something to discuss with your doctor.