numbness
hi,i have a very strange and worrying problem.
i suffer from a form of sleep apnea (my face goes numb when i first go to sleep) but this is not the worrying part.
twice in the past 3 weeks i have suffered some kind of attack,i woke up numb all over and (this is hard to explain) my reactions were all delayed (im not sure if this is an effect of the numbness) ,also everything feels heavy...lets say i was to put a jacket on it would feel like its made of lead,the first attack lasted at least 4 hours and the one i have suffered today is still going (nearly 9 hours so far).
any ideas what this could be/treatments?
Hi, you need to see a neurophysician as your syptoms may be due to some nerve impingement, try to change your sleeping position. How frequent do you feel this. Keep updated on the visits. Take care.
only once before on the 22nd of january.
the latest attack is STILL goin (started early hours of saturday night / sunday morning),i am now completley numb when i talk it dznt even feel like my mouth is moving yet i still manage somehow to do everything i did before.
i was so worried i went to hospital earlier today only to be told theres nothing wrong with me and nothing they can do
Hi, sorry to hear your continuiing symptoms, did the doctor perform any neurological or sleep tests. If not you don't you try and consult a sleep therapist and an neurologist once to get evaluated. Try going for morning and evening walks, have a hot shower and listen to soft music before going to sleep. Drink lots of water and take mild dose of alprax. Hope you get better. Keep updatig of visits, take care.
i found out that most of the numbness was down to accute hyperventilation (to combat it i breathed in through my mouth and out from my nose....it worked pretty well) but i still have a problem.
as i wake i get some very strange symptoms , i start waking up and seemingly keep going through a cycle of going back to sleep (its not like just dropping back off again but more like being sucked back in to it involuntarily) all the while my mind is still fully awake....i can still hear whats going on around me and am fully aware of everything
Hi, thanks for your posts. Hope you would soon do well and get rid of your sufferings, won't you think it would be worth to get evaluated by a neurophysician as numbness usually occurs due to nerve impingement commonly at nerve roots or due to vasular impairement. Also a sleep study would certainly beneficial in any case of sleep disorder, you may not be getting a good night's sleep fully so you are seeing its effects in early morning. If you have planned a visit, do seek doctors attention and pls update column. Good luck and take care.
im going to see my docter this thursday to get refered to a neurophysician and for an EEG,i will post back once i get the results,hopefully if im cured then this discussion will help anyone else suffering the same.
thank you suri :)
Hi, thanks for your feedback and hope you to get well soon, its better to seek medical advise ratherthan keep suffering. Also good idea to consult a a sleep specialist for a sleep study as well. Your input will be of great help for some of viewers with similar problems, keep updating on visits. Take care. Good luck.